Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Do it Afraid

  I am new to blogs and blogging.  Many years ago I enjoyed writing, but like alot of things it got pushed aside in the pursuit of more pressing priorities.  There are all these ideas swimming around in my head as to what to write or rather, blog about , but none are pressing  other then this.  So here goes.
My nine year old daughter is incredibly smart,creative, funny and talented.  I am thrilled and grateful that God allowed me to be her mom.  I have made many mistakes and will no doubt make more,  but God's Grace is sufficient. 
  Anna (my daughter )  is in the third grade and it hs been a challenging one.  The greatest challenge yet to come is the EOG (end of grade test) she will take at the end of the year.  Anna puts a lot of pressure on herself .  She has begun to show great fear  about performing well on the EOG.    We kep telling her she is going to do fine.  And I'm sure she will.  She takes her time, uses her strategies, has done well all year.  But because of a teacher's comments and the how much the importance of the EOG is stressed over all,   Anna is scared  and afraid she won't do well  or even pass the third grade. 
   I don't like to see her afraid, especially when we know there is no reason to fear.  However,  I am reminded  of my own fears that surface  alot at times and how paralyzing they can seem, and than I am ultimately reminded that I am not alone ( Isaiah 41:10),  of what and whose Spirit I have (2Timothy 1:7)  and that God will never leave me (Hebrews 13:5,6).  I am filled with compassion to remind her of these verses, that her daddy and I love her no matter what, and that it is going to be okay.  So that she too, can face her fears as each one of us does  and as Joyce Meyer says, "do it afraid".

No comments:

Post a Comment